25. 9. 2018
Umbrella Privacy Protection Statement
Your privacy is very important to us. We therefore carefully protect all personal data that you share with us and we always clearly and consistently disclose how we process your personal data.
This document outlines how we use and process your personal data. We also provide information on how you can contact us in case of questions regarding personal data. We will be happy to answer your questions.
This Privacy Statement applies to all types of information that we collect.
We will amend the Privacy Statement from time to time. If your privacy is very important to you, please, visit this website regularly and you will find out everything about the amendments. If we enter changes that affect you into the Privacy Statement (e.g. if we intend to process your personal data for purposes other than those indicated in this Privacy Statement in the past), we will inform you of them before commencing new activities.
Presentation of the Controller
The Slovenian Institute for Adult Education is the leading national institute for research and development in adult education and a partner in the implementation of the life-long learning strategy.
Types and Purpose of Personal Data Processing
We collect your personal data on various bases and for different purposes. We have therefore broken down privacy protection information according to the bases and purposes and merged them into the following privacy statements:
We inform you of the detailed purposes and bases for personal data processing no later than at the time of personal data collection. We will use your personal data to:
- exercise our public authority;
- perform the agreement concluded with you;
- send e-newsletters and notifications;
- communicate with you (via e-mail, regular mail, telephone or SMS – the method selected depends on the contact details you shared with us);
- improve the quality of our services (we use personal data for analytical purposes as part of our efforts to improve our services and the user experience. The main goal is optimisation and the adaptation of our web platform to your needs, making our website easier and more pleasant to use. We strive to only use pseudonymised or anonymised data for the said analytical purposes);
- deal with legal matters (in addition to the above, we must in certain cases use your data for the resolution of legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance or in order to meet the legal requirements of law enforcement authorities).
In addition to the abovementioned data, we will also process other messages sent by you for the exercise of your rights relating to personal data protection. For the purposes of monitoring deregistrations and restrictions of processing, we will collect the date of the deregistration and restriction of processing, e-mails by way of which you were informed of the deregistration and other messages associated with the exercise of your rights relating to personal data protection.
When we process personal data based on your consent, the revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the consent-based processing prior to its revocation.
In accordance with the applicable Slovenian legislation in force (Personal Data Protection Act – ZVOP-1) and the General Personal Data Protection Regulation, you shall have the following rights in respect of the protection of your personal data:
Right to Access the Data
You shall always have the right to verify whether we are collecting personal data about you and, if so, also have the right to consult the said data.
If you, as a natural person, wish us to verify whether we are collecting personal data about you, you can request this in writing via e-mail (email@example.com) or in writing via regular mail. Before we communicate the information, we will verify your identity.
Right to Erasure
You shall have the right to obtain from us the erasure of the personal data relating to you without undue delay and we shall have the obligation as the controller to erase your personal data without undue delay in the following cases:
- you justifiably object to the processing (see the right to object);
- we have processed the personal data unlawfully;
- we have to erase the personal data in order to comply with the requirements stipulated in regulations.
The erasure shall not be performed if the processing of personal data is required for the following purposes:
- for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to process data based on regulations;
- for the purposes of the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you, as a natural person, wish us to erase your personal data, you can request this via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can exercise the right to erasure only in the cases outlined above.
Right to Rectification
You shall have the right to obtain from us that we rectify incorrect personal data concerning you without undue delay. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
If you, as a natural person, wish us to rectify your personal data, you can request this via e-mail (email@example.com) or in writing via regular mail.
Right to the Restriction of Processing
You shall have the right to obtain from us that we restrict the processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- if you contest the accuracy of data, i.e. for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their processing instead;
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override your grounds.
If you request the restriction for the abovementioned reasons, we can only store your personal data and perform all other types of processing only:
- based on your consent;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- for the protection of the rights of another natural person or legal entity; or
- for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
Prior to the lifting (i.e. termination) of the restriction of personal data processing, we will inform you of the lifting of the restriction.
If we have refused your request for data erasure or if you wish to only restrict the processing of your personal data, you can request us to restrict the processing of your data, which you can do via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in writing via regular mail. You can exercise the right to erasure only in the cases outlined above.
Right to Portability
You shall have the right to transmit the data you have communicated to us and which we have collected when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or when we process them for the purpose of the performance of the agreement that we concluded with you. You can request the data in portable form in person at our registered office. We can only communicate the data in cases when we are able to reliably connect the individual data to an individual.
Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Supervisory Authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the General Data Protection Regulation.
The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform you on the progress and the outcome of the complaint including the possibility of a legal remedy pursuant to Article 78 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
As a data subject, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint at:
Republic of Slovenia, Information Commissioner
Dunajska cesta 22
1000 Ljubljana Slovenia
T: +386 1 230 97 30
The Information Commissioner shall inform you in accordance with the regulations of the progress of the case and its decision on the complaint.