Education and Training of Adult Education Professionals 2009–2011
|Project||Education and training of adult education professionals 2009–2011|
|Time period||September 2009 – December 2011|
|Project value||544.410,90 EUR (European Social Fund 462.749,27 EUR, Ministry of Education, Science and Sport: 81.661,63 EUR)|
|Financed by||European Social Fund, Ministry of Education, Science and Sport|
|Contact||Dr Tanja Možina|
T: +386 1 584 2577
|Contract caretaker||Katja Dovžak, MSc, Ministry of Education|
The aim of this project was to spread new knowledge and develop new competences within the network of adult educators, those who plan and manage educational activities and those who directly bestow the knowledge to others. The main target group of the project was those professionals who implement adult education programmes and develop or participate in infrastructural activities in adult education.
The project is based on the objectives of the Human Resources Development Operational Programme 2007–2013, where the development priority Human Resources Development and Lifelong Learning highlights the importance of improved training of teachers and other educators to reach the objectives in this field. Teachers and other educators are an important factor in provision of lifelong learning, which is why the quality and systematic training of teachers and other educators is one of the key foundations for provision and raising of skills of individuals for work and life in modern society.
The project included six coherent wholes or sub-projects:
- Trainings for andragogical work;
- Training for development of literacy;
- Training for implementation of the PLYA programme;
- Training for operation of the AEGC guidance centres;
- Training for operation of the self-study centres; and
- Training for self-evaluation in adult education.
The following key achievements were reached in the scope of the entire project:
- We provided adult educators with 31 different basic and advanced training programmes and seminars.
- We organised and implemented 39 individual programmes with 80 seminars and workshops for a total of 968 pedagogical hours.
- We implemented 6 programmes in the e-training format.
- Basic and advanced trainings and seminars were attended by 929 adult educators.
- We prepared 50 new or updated learning materials, 11 of which were also printed.
- We developed 2 new and longer educational programmes.
- We ensured continuous operation and content improvement of the online base of questions for assessment of quality in adult education and adapted it for use in the network of AECG guidance centres.
- We enabled all the training and seminar participants to access the online learning materials.
- We established a catalogue of programmes and seminars for adult educators.
- We renewed and improved the content of the website on quality, counselling and trainings in adult education.
- We published 2 printed promotional brochures and posted many articles on progress and results of the project on the SIAE websites and in our bulletin e-Novičke.
- We realised the final conference of the project, which was attended by 108 participants.
All achievements of individual activities can be found here.
Guidance for employees 2016–2022Adult Competences Development 2016–2022Competences of Adult Education Professionals 2016–2018Survey of Adult skills PIAAC 2013–2015Education and Training for Adult Education Professionals 2011–2014Literacy Development (2011–2014)Education and Training of Adult Education Professionals 2009–2011Literacy Development 2009 – 2011Competences of adult education professionals 2018–2022