|Project||Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe – EPALE|
|Time period||Since 2015|
|Partners||Centre of the Republic of Slovenia for Mobility and European Educational and Training Programmes – CMEPIUS (National support service Slovenia – NSS Slovenia)|
Slovenian Institute for Adult Education – SIAE
|Contacts||Zvonka Pangerc Pahernik, MSc|
T: +386 1 584 2567
The aim of the EPALE platform is to improve the quality of adult education in Europe by publishing contents aimed to reach this goal and to spread information on current trends and development guidelines in adult education in Slovenia and in Europe.
The goal of the EPALE platform is to become the main online hub for adult education in Europe.
EPALE is a multi-lingual community of educators, training coaches, researchers, academics, mentors, policy makers, decision makers, volunteers and all those who actively work in the adult education.
The members of the community exchange contents related to adult education. The functionality of the website allows them to connect with colleagues in adult education from all across Europe. They can communicate under specific themes where the content is structured according to the topic or can ask for participation in the so-called private space on the EPALE platform, where they can organise discussions, upload documents, share news, etc. The partner search tool allows them to form business relationships.
The platform allows publication of news on current topics in adult education in Slovenia and elsewhere in Europe. It also includes an informational centre with published resources that include good practices, important documents, reports and other interesting publications. The blog allows the portal users to express their opinions and views on selected topics. The event calendar shows seminars, conferences and other educational events.
The partner search allows the participants to present their organisation or to contact guest mentors or new project partners.
The role of the SIAE in this project:
- To motivate the website users for active participation;
- The provide help with reaching key target groups through already existing networks;
- To collaborate on preparation of content to be published on the platform;
- The ensure independent posts, especially for larger events organised by the SIAE;
- To participate in online discussions and to present the opinion of the Slovenian adult education profession according to the thematic guidelines of EPALE;
- To spread information on new books and other resources in the field of adult education;
- To adapt foreign posts to the Slovenian platform;
- To promote the EPALE activities at various professional events;
- To connect the EPALE event and other activities with the project EAAL implementation in Slovenia (EAAL for short);
- To ensure participation of an SIAE representative in the EPALE group of experts, ensuring participation in development of the platform and finding resolutions to professional dilemmas;
- To develop the EPALE section of the SIAE e-newsleter e-Novičke;
- To develop the EPALE corner in the online application “Overview of Adult Education and Learning on Offer”;
- To comment on the post on the EPALE platform.
In 2020, we successfully realised all the tasks we are responsible for as part of our collaboration with the NSS EPALE Slovenija. Our key successes were:
- We contributed 9 blog posts, 2 of which were thematic, 3 translations of blogs into English, 22 news, 21 reports from events, 34 presentations of resources and 6 comments;
- We participated in online discussions (4 articles);
- We encouraged 5 colleagues from the network to participate in online discussions – they contributed 13 articles;
- We ensured collaboration with the national EPALE coordinator at various SIAE events (the two LLW meetings and the virtual Annual Adult Education Conference – AAEC);
- We shared the posts on the SIAE, LLW and the SIAE Library FB profiles;
- We participated in three meeting of the EPALE group of experts;
- We connected events and other EPALE and EAAL activities;
- We participated in two EPALE web conferences: the EPALE 2020 Community Conference (6-8 October 2020) and the EPALE 2020 NSS Conference (2 and 3 December 2020); we reported on them in blogs.