Lifelong Learning Weeks
|Project||Lifelong Learning Weeks – LLW|
|Time period||Since 1996|
Coordination of the LLW throughout the year
Official date: 9 May – 12 June 2022
Ministry of Education, Science and Sport – co-financing of regional and thematic coordination of the LLW and the Learning Parade, and financing of the national coordination of the LLW (the latter since 2022)
Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities – financing of national coordination of the LLW (until 2021)
|Contact||Zvonka Pangerc Pahernik, MSc|
T: +386 1 5842 567
Promotion and implementation of lifelong learning strategy for everybody. Educational, promotional and informative events, guidance-focused events, social and cultural events that reflect learning opportunities aimed at:
- Acquisition of knowledge and understanding;
- Acquisition and updating of necessary skills and competences for work;
- Personal growth and development of a responsible, aware and creative individual;
- Development of openness and peaceful, active co-habitation within the community.
To promote the importance, role and opportunities for learning and education in all stages of life and in all roles people take on – as individuals, family members, member of work teams and other communities.
The Lifelong Learning Week (LLW) is the most prominent promotional event in the field of education and learning in Slovenia. The project is coordinated by the SIAE and implemented in collaboration with hundreds of institutions (kindergartens, elementary and high schools, adult education centres, municipalities, companies, offices and services of the Employment Service of Slovenia, associations and interest groups, libraries, cultural centres, music and dance schools, farms, tourist associations, scouts, study and reading circles, guidance centres, self-study centres and many others), groups and individuals in Slovenia and abroad.
The LLW draw attention to the ubiquity and importance of learning – in all periods of life and in all roles an individual plays in life. All who co-create the project, either as organisers or as participants, contribute to the realisation of the LLW slogan “Slovenia, a learning country”.
Our target groups include the general public, representatives of all generations: participants in learning and education, possible future participants and non-participants, experts, politicians, social partners.
The LLW is also a member of an international movement of festivals of learning.
- National coordination of the LLW (conceptual and developmental tasks, collaboration with the LLW providers, national promotion of the LLW, international collaboration);
- Coordination of joint LLW actions (e.g. the Learning parade);
- The institute of Awards for promotion of adult learning and knowledge
- Co-organisation of the National opening of the LLW, the Adult Education Colloquium and other activities at the state level.
Total indicator: 27 editions of LLWs
LLW 2022 indicators:
- Number of organisers: around 1,500
- Number of coordinators: 41 coordinators of the LLW and 17 coordinators of the Learning Parade
- Number of all events: around 8,000
More >> (in Slovenian)
Green Quality LogoLifelong Learning WeeksLifelong learning of adults for sustainable development and digital breakthrough (2021–2023)Evaluation of the programme Comprehensive support for businesses to encourage active aging of the work forceStudy CirclesQuality counsellorsProfessional Support in the Field of Adult EducationSelf-Directed Learning CentresAdult Education Guidance CentresDevelopment of Approaches to Adult Education Trainings and SeminarsProject Learning for Young AdultsOffering Quality Education to AdultsElementary School for AdultsImplementation and Monitoring of Adult Education Training ProgrammesEducation for Sustainable DevelopmentFinancial Literacy for Adults 2022–2024Expert External Evaluation