Competences of adult education professionals 2018–2022
|Strengthening the competencies of professionals in the field of managing an innovative educational institution in the period from 2018 to 2022 (shortened to Competences of adult education professionals 2018–2022)
|October 2018 – September 2022
|2.813.809,99 EUR (European Social Fund: 2.251.047,99 EUR, Ministry of Education, Science and Sport: 562.762,00 EUR)
|European Social Fund,
Ministry of Education, Science and Sport
|Dr Tanja Možina
T: +386 1 5842 577
|Vlasta Šemrov, Ministry of Education, Science and Sport
The purpose of the project is to improve and deepen those competencies that, due to the constant changes in the nature of work, professional workers need to have in their workplace. By considering the current development of the education system, the project will implement and upgrade the results and knowledge developed in the periods 2007-2013 and 2014-2018, namely in the form of professional training of professional workers.
The main goals of the project are to train professional workers to:
- Differentiate, develop and appropriately use entrepreneurship as an approach and entrepreneurship as a characteristic;
- Lifelong learning;
- Lifelong career orientation;
- Language competences;
- Innovative approaches to teaching;
- Managing of public institutions using ICTs and to develop digital competencies;
- Evaluate and ensure quality with the use as well as for the use of National Assessment and the Matura exam data to support self-evaluation processes and improve learning and teaching;
- Promote preventive activities in the field of mental and physical health and activities in the field of social and emotional learning as a contribution to creating a safe and healthy learning environment,
- Promote activities in the field of sustainable development.
The project holder is the National Educational Institute Slovenia, and the SIAE is a consortium project partner. Other partners in the project are National School of Leadership in Education, National Examinations Centre (RIC Ljubljana), Centre of the RS for Mobility and European Educational and Training Programmes (CMEPIUS), Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training (CPI) and Centre for school and Outdoor Education (CŠOD).
The project is implemented as part of the Operative programmes for implementation of the European Cohesion Policy 2014–2020. The project target group is professionals in the fields of pre-school education, elementary school education, elementary musical education, vocational and professional education, general secondary education, education of children and youth with special needs, education in student dormitories and adult education.
The trainings are intended for:
- Collectives or educational organisations,
- Professionals in individual fields and subjects,
We are planning the following key achievements:
- we will carry out 47 adult education training and development programmes,
- 887 participants will be involved in the programmes.
From the beginning of the project, since 2019 until July 2021 we have:
- successfully carried out 32 adult education training and development programmes,
- 625 participants attended the programmes.
Competences of Adult Education Professionals 2016–2018Survey of Adult skills PIAAC 2013–2015Education and Training for Adult Education Professionals 2011–2014Literacy Development (2011–2014)Education and Training of Adult Education Professionals 2009–2011Literacy Development 2009 – 2011Guidance for employees 2016–2022Adult Competences Development 2016–2022Competences of adult education professionals 2018–2022