|Project||Trainer-competence for work-based basic skills – Profi-Train|
|Time period||September 2017 – August 2020|
|Partners||bbb Büro für Berufliche Bildungsplanung, R. Klein und Partner GbR (coordinator)|
Slovenian Institute for Adult Education – SIAE, BEST Institut für berufsbezogene Weiterbildung und Personaltraining GmbH, Centre for Support and Advancement of Employment for women in Thessaloniki – Ergani, ERUDICIO nadacni fond, Ministry for Education and Employment Malta; Schweizerischer Verband für Erwachsenenbildung – SVEB (silent partner)
|Contact||Estera Možina, MSc|
T: +386 1 584 2591
The project leans on the existing knowledge base of partner countries to develop a transferable and flexible professional training concept for teachers of skills in adult education and vocational training – teaching, guiding and sending out teachers – in order to contribute to professional development. Within the project, we will develop flexible approaches to learning that will be tested in the 7 participating countries.
- Development, pilot testing and evaluation of a concept for professional development of expert associates, which consists of three parts – manual for independent study, six modules for implementation of trainings and a roadmap for stakeholders.
- Adaptation of the professional development concepts for transfer and use in the partner countries.
- Dissemination of the new concept on the national and European level.
In Europe, work-based training that combines vocational training with learning and acquisition of basic skills has become an innovative method for reaching less educated and low-skilled employees and improving their development of basic skills.
Various national and European projects and implemented strategies based on the innovative training concept use practice-based findings to emulate different ways to approach companies and employees, to learn and develop skills and competences at work and to describe organisational structures that encourage development in this area. It has been shown that for successful implementation of strategies for further education of less educated and low-skilled employed workers at work, the work-based training programmes must be professionally designed. In the scope of the PROFI TRAIN project, we will develop products for testing and evaluation of concepts for training and professional development of human resources.
- A Self-study Manual for work-based development of skills;
- Six curricularly edited thematic training modules for direct implementation of seminars; and
- European roadmap for stakeholders on the importance and methods of work-based training of basic skills for employees;
- Project report and a professional article describing the situation and needs in partner countries (Professionalisation of work-based basic education);
- Pilot test of the developed products in practice in all project partner countries.