Elementary School for Adults
|Project||Elementary School for Adults – monitoring and development|
|Time period||Since 2011|
|Financed by||Ministry of Education, Science and Sport|
|Contact||Natalija Žalec, MAEd (UK)|
T: +386 1 5842 587
The programme Elementary School for Adults (ESA) is a programme of formal education designed especially for adult education. The programme is intended to encourage development of basic literacy and to train learners for independent learning.
The main objectives are:
- Evaluation of the programme Elementary School for Adults;
- Identification of needs of different target groups;
- Preparation of a publication with evaluation results and other analyses;
- Development of a training model for teachers and other professional associates at the ESA;
- Monitoring the status and solving real-time problems encountered by the providers (operation of an ESA support group);
- Organisation of trainings for teachers and other professional associates as part of the ESA programme;
- Preparation of video materials for different topics;
- Development of professional starting points for renovation of the programme.
The structure of the ESA programme participants shows that it is most used by the most educationally, socially and economically vulnerable groups of adults. In addition to low educational results, we also noticed extremely negative early experiences with previous learning and school in general. An important indicator of the participants’ success is the fact that only a little over 40% of those enrolled into grade 9 completed it successfully. The evaluation of the ESA programme drew attention to some problems and opened up some dilemmas, concerns and questions related to low efficiency and success of the ESA programme that must be taken into account during development and improvement of the programme’s efficiency.
We implement the following activities:
- Evaluation of the ESA programme;
- Organisation of two focus groups for teachers and other professional associates as part of the ESA programme;
- Issuing of the publication Elementary School for Adults: Initiative and mission;
- Development of a training model for teachers and other professional associates in the ESA;
- Implementation of an ESA support group;
- Organisation of annual trainings for teachers and organisers in the ESA programme;
- Preparation of videos on different topics;
- Appointment of a national group of experts for preparation of professional starting points for programme renovation.
- The publication Evaluation of the ESA programme;
- Monitoring of the needs of participants and professional associates in the programme (focus groups, meetings, ESA support group);
- Training of teachers and other professional associates in the ESA programme in accordance with the developed model;
- The publication Proposal of a training model for teachers and other professional associates in the ESA;
- Publication and preparation of some materials for professional associates in the programme Operation of a national group of experts for preparation of professional starting points for programme renovation.
Green Quality LogoLifelong Learning WeeksLifelong learning of adults for sustainable development and digital breakthrough (2021–2023)Evaluation of the programme Comprehensive support for businesses to encourage active aging of the work forceStudy CirclesQuality counsellorsProfessional Support in the Field of Adult EducationSelf-Directed Learning CentresAdult Education Guidance CentresDevelopment of Approaches to Adult Education Trainings and SeminarsProject Learning for Young AdultsOffering Quality Education to AdultsElementary School for AdultsImplementation and Monitoring of Adult Education Training ProgrammesEducation for Sustainable DevelopmentExpert External Evaluation