|Project||National Coordinators for the Implementation of the European Agenda for Adult Learning (EAAL) – Slovenia|
|Time period||2012–2020 (phases: 2012–2014, 2014/2015, 2015–2017, 2017–2019…)|
Current phase: 1 November 2017–31 December 2019
|Coordinator||Slovenian Institute for Adult Education (SIAE)|
|Partners||The activities are coordinated by the European Commission, its unit responsible for adult education (in terms of content) and the The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA)|
– EACEA (by technical payment). The project is implemented in all EU Member States in accordance with country-specific project plans.
|Contact||Zvonka Pangerc Pahernik, MSc, EAAL National Coordinator|
T: +386 1 5842 576
The project is aimed at popularisation of messages of the updated European Agenda for Adult Learning (EAAL) and of educational policies on the national and European level, focusing especially on raising awareness of the Slovenian public on importance and ubiquity of adult education and lifelong education and on opportunities available to the adult population. The focus is on acquisition of basic skills and other key competences for adults. The project is part of various endeavours of EU members under the guidance of the European Commission to implement as much of the strategic guidelines of the new action plan for adult learning as possible and to bring it closer to all parts of the public.
The project activities are a continuation of the project Implementation of the renewed EAAL 2014–2015 in Slovenia, whose main achievements were the Learning parade and the professional EAAL 2015 event for promotion of development of basic competences in four target groups – the young, the unemployed, immigrants and the rural population. In 2016, the professional EAAL events will be upgraded.
Four of seven events will still target the above mentioned educationally deprived groups, but three of them will focus on acquisition of key competences to improve employability of three target groups: the young unemployed, the long-term unemployed and the employed, in all cases focusing on adults with low level of education/qualifications. The conclusions and recommendations will be presented by event holders at the final events.
The project addresses all target groups: the representatives of adult education politics, practice and profession; the learners; the media; the general public; and especially the less educated and educationally deprived.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS 2012-2018
- Third EAAL consultation meeting and breakfast with firms organized by SIAE, the Association of Adult Education Centres of Slovenia (ZLUS) and the e-portal mojazaposlitev.si: »Does assessing skills and developing competences lead to greater satisfaction of employees and employers?«.
- Second EAAL consultation meeting and annual meeting of the Association of Organisations for Adult Education in Secondary Schools (DOIO): »Adult education in secondary schools – for knowledge tailored to the needs of the labour market«.
- First EAAL consultation meeting and annual conference of the Association of Educational and Guidance Centres of Slovenia (ZiSSS): »Challenges and opportunities of education for longer labour activity«.
- 2017 EAAL closing event 2017 and 21st Adult Education Colloquium
- Events 2017
- Study visit to Ireland
- 2016 EAAL closing event and annual EBSN conference
- Events 2016
- Events 2015
- Learning Parade – Days of learning communities 2013, 2014 and 2015