|Project||National Coordinators for the Implementation of the European Agenda for Adult Learning (EAAL) – Slovenia|
|Time period||2012–2020 (phases: 2012–2014, 2014/2015, 2015–2017, 2017–2019, 2020–2021) |
Current phase: 1 January 2020–31 December 2021
|Coordinator||Slovenian Institute for Adult Education (SIAE)|
|Partners||The activities are coordinated by the European Commission, its unit responsible for adult education (in terms of content) and the The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA)|
– EACEA (by technical payment). The project is implemented in all EU Member States in accordance with country-specific project plans.
|Contact||Zvonka Pangerc Pahernik, MSc, EAAL National Coordinator|
T: +386 1 5842 567, +386 51 302 313
The project is aimed at popularisation of messages of the updated European Agenda for Adult Learning (EAAL) and of educational policies on the national and European level. It is focused especially on raising awareness of the Slovenian public on importance and ubiquity of adult education and lifelong learning and on opportunities available to the adult population. The focus is on acquisition of basic skills and other key competences for adults.
The project is addressing all target groups, i.e. policy makers, professionals, practitioners, learners, media, and the widest audience. Special attention is dedicated to the low-skilled and educationally deprived.
Main objectives of the current project are to support:
- the implementation of the European Agenda for Adult Learning (EAAL),
- the implementation of the Council Recommendation Upskilling Pathways – new opportunities for adults,
- other endeavours in adult education policy, profession and practice, especially with regard to the first EAAL priority, i.e. governance (coherence with other policy areas), and to the second priority, supply and take-up,
- the implementation of the remaining two EAAL priorities (flexibility and access, and quality).
In the fifth phase of the EAAL implementation, six forums on the future of adult education will be organized covering the following topics: digitalisation of society, demographic challenges (ageing populations and migration), inclusion and citizenship, environmental challenges, and technological change and the future of work. The role of adult education and lifelong learning with regard to each challenge will be explored.
The second strand of activities will be dedicated to the review and technical upgrading of the e-portal on Slovenian adult education provision – Kam po znanje. The third set of activities will result into a systematic communication strategy in order to attract and engage end-users at all levels – policy, practice as well as the widest audience, i.e. learners.
In addition, we will continue to monitor the implementation of the Council Recommendation Upskilling Pathways – new opportunities for adults (2016) and contribute to its popularisation. Some tools and activities (such as the UP e-portal, e-bulletin and others) will be upgraded.
Special emphasis will be paid to professional exchange with European and domestic AE professionals via the Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe – EPALE.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS 2012-2019
- EAAL closing event 2019
- EAAL consultation meeting 2019_3
- EAAL consultation meeting 2019_2
- EAAL consultation meeting 2019_1
- EAAL Annual conference 2018
- EAAL consultation meeting 2018_3
- EAAL consultation meeting 2018_2
- EAAL consultation meeting 2018_1
- EAAL closing event 2017
- Events 2017
- Study visit to Ireland
- EAAL closing event 2016
- Events 2016
- Events 2015
- Learning Parade – Days of learning communities 2013, 2014 and 2015