3. 10. 2018
Website Privacy Protection Statement
This document outlines how we use and process your personal data on our website.
The https://www.acs.si website was set up so as to inform the broader public of the products and/or services of the Slovenian Institute for Adult Education.
Certain personal data processing is necessary in order for us to ensure the technical functioning of the website. If you do not agree with such unavoidable processing, as is outlined in this statement, you must stop using the website.
Types and Purpose of Personal Data Processing
When you access our website, the browser automatically transfers certain data to our web server. The reasons for the transfer are of a technical nature, while data is at the same time necessary for us to be able to provide you with access to the desired website information. For the purposes of ensuring the security of our IT system, our web log file automatically collects the following data, over which you have no control as it is necessary for the technical functioning of the web protocol or it originates on our servers:
- your IP address (mandatory technical requirement of the TCP/IP protocol;
- date and time of access (depending to the time on our server);
- time zone (set on our server);
- content of the request – data on the page you requested on our website (mandatory technical requirement of the http protocol);
- result of request processing or http reply code (determined by our server after receiving the request of your web browser/client);
- quantity of transferred data (as determined by our server before sending data to your web browser/client);
- website requesting access (when data is sent by the browser, check in the browser user instructions whether and how you can prevent this);
- data on the browser that you use (version of the OS and browser software, language settings and other data communicated by the browser about the settings you have set).
You technically cannot use our website without providing us with at least the technically mandatory data that we will record in our web log file.
We will collect the said data in order to provide services and ensure the security of our website, network and information so as to prevent accidental events and illegal and malicious acts. Processing is therefore required by our legitimate interests and is based on point f of Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with the mutatis mutandis application of the preamble to the GDPR (49).
We will process the web log file personal data for a maximum of 12 months, after which we will erase the web log file data unless there is another legitimate interest for further processing.
We will process the personal data collected based on your consent using cookies for a maximum of 24 months, after which we will anonymise/erase them.
The data that we processing based on your consent using cookies is processed pursuant to point f of Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The collected personal data will be processed by:
- our employees who are responsible for the technical functioning of the website;
- our data protection officer (DPO).
The following special provisions relating to your rights shall apply in relation to personal data processing.
Right to Erasure
We can erase your personal data that we collect in the server’s web log file only if we can reliably connect you as an individual to an individual IP address.
Right to Rectification
We can rectify incorrect data in the server’s web log file sent to us by the web browser that you use only if we can reliably connect you as an individual to an individual IP address.
Right to Portability
We do not perform collection on a legitimate basis for your personal data that is subject to the right to portability, which is why we do not provide for portability.
Processors in a Third Country
The personal data processor that ensures the technical functioning of cookie-based tracking is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
More information about privacy ensured by the processor is collected in its Privacy Rules.
All other rights and general aspects of personal data protection are indicated in our Umbrella Privacy Protection Statement.